Wednesday 23 January 2013

Brazilian Birds !!!

The birds in Brazil are really beautiful so Geoff and I decided to get a closer look. They really are lovely and Geoff likes the two legged long limbed type so I decided to take him to a local aviary. !! :) Now I don't normally like seeing animals "kept" but I must say this was extremely well laid out, very spacious, in the jungle and some of the pictures are in fact wild birds who are attracted by the calls of those in captivity. A leisurely couple of hours wandering around here was very pleasant.

In Geoff's and my world nothing seems to stay sensible for very long and we tend to laugh our way through the day normally at someone else's expense. Today was no different but on this occasion it backfired. After dinner we decided to have a cocktail, relaxing at the campsite, catching up on e mails and joining in the general banter of the group. We order a caipirinha, an unofficial National Brazillian drink consisting of cachaca (high proof sugarcane alcohol) crushed lime, sugar and ice. It came in a pint pot and was delicious although slightly strong. We only had the one and a good job. I looked at Geoff and his eyes were crossed, I tried to speak but my tongue and lips had gone numb and no one understood a word I said.....highly amusing. We decided one was enough as we make a conscious effort of eating and drinking sensibly. Off to bed as quietly as possible which thinking about it Is impossible with Geoff about. Just settling down and I say to Geoff, louder than I thought, " are we having a bit of Brown" Well the campsite erupted, shouts of dirty buggers, mixed with hoots of laughter.It took me a minute to register what I had said. I meant are we going to watch Mrs Brown Boys. Dirty minded individuals, look what I'm having to put up with Mum. Needless to say the leg pulling is still going on.

Unfortunately it didn't end there. About 0230 I woke needing the loo so having taken my contact lenses out, my usual practice is to place my glasses at the side of me on my daypack. Groped about and located my glasses, struggled with the tent zip but got out. Ahhh lovely cool night air, dark though, very dark. I staggered about making my way to the toilet block by touch and partial sight. I passed someone who appeared to be walking at a fast pace, sniggering as we crossed. Having located the urinal and completed the business a quick glance in the mirror caused a double take, some pillock was wearing his sunglasses. Taking them off and retreating quickly in the hope no one had spotted me it was back to bed. Early breakfast under shade revealed several wags wearing their shades.....morning Tony...very funny dickheads !!

Chau

Tony x





















1 comment: